D&D Sunday Nite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Alternative

5 posters

Go down

An Alternative Empty An Alternative

Post  Evan Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:41 am

I am against starting over, for a few reasons; it makes the last 2 months seem like a waste of time; its unfair to Frank Speedy Matt and myself that have manged to survive this long and have finally saved up enough advancement points to improve our charterers; our charterers are becoming known within this world; we are only playing this campaign for 4 more sessions and it feels to me at least a bit silly to start over

So with that said this is what I propose: I have 9 AP right now and 5 white chips which will allow me to buy off my weakness (my code) which i was planning to do at some point anyway. God could speak to me and remove it and also tell me to help Dave's guy sparing his life and helping him fit in the group. With my code gone it would also be much easier for me to forgive Edd for shooting me. As for conniving Franks guy to helping Dave's guy would be pretty easy by playing off his weakness of helping those in need, since Dave is in need of our help. As for Speedy's headquarters all that has to be done is acquire a new one which I don't think would be that hard to do. I understand that Edd and Jarred might have some considers about joining our group but I believe this could easily be worked out by some role playing. If Kevin could be so kind and say the orbs didn't appear so we could role play this in order to let it run smoother. I think this would be easy to do and would let everyone keep there guys with out starting over or re-rolling.

On a side note I think the orbs are a really cool aspect to the game but tend to bog down the game when faced to often which leads to long drawn out battles that soak up a lot of time and cause morale drop in the players.

This is my two cents, Whats yours?
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

An Alternative Empty Re: An Alternative

Post  Matt Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:13 pm

That all sounds reasonable to me. I definitely DO NOT want to redo or forget the past few months of game-play, especially being that we will be moving on to the low magic campaign. Many heroes clash when they first met in the comic books, Wolverine and Cyclops come to mind, and to expect all characters to just get along automatically is ridiculous. So if Evan is indeed willing to buy off his oath and we can go 5 minutes without the orbs attacking us I think we could get past this. Lets not over think this and just play the game.
I also agree that the orbs are cool but how man are there? We seem to bump into them every 5 feet we step! I was looking forward to some role (not roll) playing yesterday The Doctor is not made for battle.
2 cents spent

Matt

Back to top Go down

An Alternative Empty Kev's 2 cents

Post  Evan Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:05 am

This is from kev not me

first,if you dont wish to buy off your oath right away you dont have to all you have to do is spend a hero chip,which will allow you to forgo your oath,second the orbs are their to remind players to keep a low key with their abilities,their are far more dangerous things and they wont just bog you down,third either choice of starting over or continue with the present campaign i need to know which choice so i can be ready
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

An Alternative Empty Update

Post  Evan Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 am

So the new book came I had a chance to read through it and I really like what they did, they fix a bunch of stuff that I felt was wrong with the game. The new system is totally different feats cost 1 point, Attack bonus is now 2 for 1, Saves can be bought and are not considered powers, there are no villain chips, the damaged system has been tweak, all the powers have changed, devices have been changed, equipment has been added, new powers have been added, the power base power level of the game plays a bigger role

I also spoke to Frank and he was not so enthused about my plan, he would still tell Edd and Jarred to take a hike and would remove Daves sword and shield from his character for good, so all 3 would still have to make new guys. He also is not inclined to starting over, he would rather go back an hour in game.

I know I can spend a hero chip on my oath but it seems stupid to do so its not like im vulnerable to water, I would still know that I didnt follow my code for some reason, IDK it just seems like a leap that's all and like i said I was planning on paying it off at some point so its not a big deal for me

I totally here ya on the orbs Kev i understand why there here and why ya use them, I was just trying to give ya some feedback

Some people wanna start over, some wanna keep playing where we are and others I have no clue, I know you need to know what the final answer is Kev so you can be ready I just hope others post so we can give ya the most time possible. At this point I would rather see us put M&M to bed and restart a new campaign with the new version of the rules at a later date I think this would be best IMHO
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:26 pm

I am leaning towards Evan's line of thought. If we are to make new/ alter existing characters with the new book(s) for only a few weeks worth of game play, moving onto the next campaign and returning to M&M at a later date sounds like a good idea. I would like to call a to order a vote on this topic. I see plenty of people are viewing the posts and think it is time for everyone to weigh in with their p.o.v.'s. Lets see if we can get a decision on this by Friday.

Matt

Back to top Go down

An Alternative Empty 1 cent and not a penny more

Post  Nocturnal5five Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:02 pm

First I want to apologize because this whole thing could have been avoided if I just let Ed and Jarred in for that I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen......OK I personal don't have any deep feelings to weather we start over, use the new system, go back an hour, or go back a year, my character is the gonna go the same way or close to it...... That being said, I dont want to start over but if we have to I'm tweeking my character. If we stay with this situtition (which Im not thrilled about either) I'm going to do everything in my power to keep us together. "In game" as far as my character is concern Ed and Jarred saved us and exposed my base all at the same time so I want them around but I better get an apology. As far as Dave's character I understand rage so forgive and forget Evan was doing what any friend would do plus I called him outside so partially its my fault Evan saw and did anything. If we go back an hour fine we could avoid most of this but this issue will still be there we should approach it before we continue The issue Evan's code vs Dave's rage in game with out anyone buying something off or making a new character. I am willing to make adjustments with whatever is agreed upon. I personally feel that it should be left to Kev as the DM on what we should ultimately do after we have voted so we dont limit him and his ideas of what his campaign should be.
Nocturnal5five
Nocturnal5five

Back to top Go down

Post  Nix Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:39 pm

On the reset: To be honest I didn't really want to start over either, but we all agree that something needs to be done. Frank had suggested going back a few hours or sessions, whatever is necessary to make the party work. We can just go back to immediately after the most recent combat, we could go as far back as just discovering Dave and introduce Ed and I shortly afterward. I think setting time back somewhat is a better option than a total restart.

On the orbs: I like them and I agree with Kevin. They keep us on our toes, restrict our freedoms somewhat, as they should, and they are most likely an important plot device. Maybe decreasing their frequency or the numbers in witch they appear, just in the interest of moving along. I know I'm not the only one who feels we've spent far too much time fighting them and they're less of a threat and more like a considerable annoyance. One last point, now I'm not saying my character was made just to combat them, but he was made with them in mind, the long distance, the power level 8 pistol, and the high ranking detection abilities on me and my sidekick should make him good for combating them.

On party coherence: I don't really think that Evan's code causes that much of a problem, after all, we are all heroes and no one really abuses their power. Let's say that Evan does remove his code as he had planned, we will still have to deal with a 75% chance of Dave going berserk, and Dave is no pushover. Eventually, and probably more than once, we're going to be forced into combat with him and I know that my character won't put up with that for long and I don't think he'll be the only one to feel that way, especially when he kills someone, witch is only a matter of time. Dave could shred Speedy, Myself, Matt or Evan and has already proven himself more than a match for Frank.

Nix

Back to top Go down

An Alternative Empty what about the new books?????

Post  Nocturnal5five Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:40 pm

I vote for the reset maybe the new books have an answer!! or what would we do if the barbarian lost it in d&d? I'm sure there is some way to help the issue without losing Daves character
Nocturnal5five
Nocturnal5five

Back to top Go down

Post  ed hughes Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:17 pm

I think a restart would be bad but alittle roll back in time sounds about right. Speedy saying jarred and I where apart of the problem that is wrong. Speedy, you told us to stay and we did. If everyone wants to make chars. with the new books and starting with a new camp. with the new guys. I am down.

ed hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnal5five Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Nocturnal5five wrote: Ed and Jarred saved us and exposed my base all at the same time so I want them around but I better get an apology
for exposing my base I never said you or jarred were the problem not even close. as a matter of fact I apologized for this being my fault. Second I voted for the reset as in going back several hours as opposed to starting over. Sorry if I caused you any confusion Ed but I didnt blame anyone but myself
Nocturnal5five
Nocturnal5five

Back to top Go down

Post  Nix Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Nocturnal5five wrote:or what would we do if the barbarian lost it in d&d? I'm sure there is some way to help the issue without losing Daves character

It would cause a problem in any game, if Giddeon were to have that problem the party would deem him a threat and take him in to be fixed, but he would certainly be stripped of his gear and not permitted to engage in combat by the rest of the party. We haven't had someone make that kind of barb, and I don't know that it would be as difficult as it is to get Dave out of his rage either. He's got a DC 20 check and his Will is only 5, ya he gets +1 per round to come out of it but that's only a 5% increase per turn. In a turn or two he gets 4 swings if he's already in melee, that's enough to kill any of us with the kind of damage he does.

Hopefully the new book will fix this problem, but we could still continue the current game and just remake our characters with the new rules, if we are indeed switching.

Nix

Back to top Go down

An Alternative Empty So whats the plan

Post  Evan Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 pm

A note on the dave issue, Jarred makes a good point that even if i remove my code or if we make up and accept daves guy we are still are gonna have to deal with the chance of him raging out on us and that to is to much of a liability, so long story short hes gonna have to make a new guy or reduce his power level so he no longer have the weakness rage.

As far as going back in time im for it but then we wont know that dave rages and that might lead to a PC dieing, were lucky that it was frank that he attacked and not someone else. but if that will save us from restarting than fine ill do it.

If we restart lets use the new rules and start at a later time

Speedy its not your fault its just the way thing played out, if dave never went outside, if dave never took the weakness, if jarred never went for food, if you let them in, its the what if game man its done

Everyone needs to pick something

My vote is we put M&M to bed and start a different game, I dont really want to deal with this situation right now and would rather start a New M&M game with the new rule set at a later date, If everyone else decides to keep going with the current campaign i will of course play
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

An Alternative Empty the new books

Post  Evan Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:44 pm

Like I said the new book would cause us to re-vamp your guys and would cause kev to fix and re-vamp his monsters, this would take time about a session worth and with the time that we have allotted for this campaign seems a waste we are better off using the new books when we pick this game back up, plus kev needs to read though it. But yes jarred the new book does offer some help in fixing daves guy
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:06 am

My vote is we put M&M to bed and start a different game, I would rather start a New M&M game with the new rule set at a later date, If everyone else decides to keep going with the current campaign i will of course play

Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Nix Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am

I'm no help, I can't decide what I want, but here's what I think: I just made a new char for Kevin's game so I want to play him , Kevin has two weeks to read through the books, most of us can download a .pdf of the book and have characters made the next time we play and there is nothing saying Kevin has to stop in two sessions(is there?). On the other hand, after last session some of us may have a bad taste in our mouths and we may need a change, this would also give Kevin much time to rework the game if we do a full restart and it's clear that Evan is ready to run.

Nix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down