D&D Sunday Nite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for PC's

+2
Matt
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Questions for PC's Empty Questions for PC's

Post  Admin Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Here are a few questions for ya guys so i get build a better world and adventure to meet both our needs

Where is your character from? Why did you leave?
What was your social status?
Do you plan on returning? If so why?
Why is your character an adventure?

How do you feel about arcane magic?
Do you feel the penalties are too severe?
Do you want to change these laws?

What kind of monsters do you wish to encounter?
What kind of events do you wish to see?
Name 4 magic or important items you wish to see?

What are your feelings about the War of Ages?
What are your feelings about the Republic?
What are your feelings about the Church of Light?
What are your feelings about the Empire of Gill?

Admin
Admin

https://sundaynitegame.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Questions for PC's Empty character questions

Post  Matt Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 pm

I sent you an email in regards to the questions you posted.

Matt

Back to top Go down

Questions for PC's Empty Thanks

Post  Evan Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks Matt Im gonna start to write some stuff up now Very Happy
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Questions for PC's Empty Re: Questions for PC's

Post  ed hughes Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:14 pm

I lived at a farm on baron joel blase's lands. My family was killed in a fire.
A farm hand at first now a scout for the baron's huntsman guild.
NO!
My char is adventurer because of what happen to his family. He though it was time to move on to see what the world had to offer him outside the baron's lands.
My char doesn't know anything about arcane magic but only that it's against the law of the land to use such arts. He see no reason to dislike them, because this world we live in can use the help of it's power help each other.
Yes i think the penalties are too servere. I think they do that because they are frighten of they don't know.
No.
Monsters that make us work as a team more.
Maybe be apart of a war.
Oath bow, or something like that. maybe some rings,boots of dex. Nice short sword. a magic quiver.

ed hughes

Back to top Go down

Questions for PC's Empty Q&A for PC's

Post  Evan Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks Jarred, Edd and Kev

If you guys come up with anything else you wish to add please feel free to send it to me

Edd what is a oath bow? Im a little lost please help me out on this on Smile
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  ed hughes Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 am

It's a bow from the dmg. I don't remember what it can do but i know it's cool.

ed hughes

Back to top Go down

Questions for PC's Empty you wanted answers?

Post  Xanth Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 pm

It was many years ago, in a small providence of a small country, in a big world. A much bigger world than this one mind you,well. In the castle Munchhausen, my life began. Most of it is quite cloudy honestly but I’ll tell you what I can best remember.
My father was the Baron Augustus Balthazar Lazarus Munchhausen. He was a big man, larger than life actually, and he protected his reputation fiercely. Bit of a stuffed shirt really. But he was a good man and an excellent teacher, and from him I learned all things I needed to know to rule.
My time was an era of opulence. All things were a grand spectacle, and my personage reflected that. My Barony however did not. The castle Munchhausen was as always a sight to behold; with its grand assemblage buttresses and archways. It was built in the 12 age by spellscale architects, and there ogre masons. Believe it or not despite their rather cumbersome appearance ogres make quite capable masons. Regardless, castle aside, the providence of Bernere’ was a quite peaceful place with vast and glorious vineyards, rich farmland, fat meadow lands, verdant forests, grand mountains, and all array of inhabitants. As you can imagine this made governing quite difficult. Settling disputes between farmers and grazing unicorns isn’t exactly an easy task.
So for reasons such as this I spent much of my time abroad in search of the ever elusive adventure. Much of my time was spent wandering Faerun with my marvelous servants. Berthold, Adolphus, {name}, and {name}. Such marvelous times.
But as always all good things must come to an end. Over time my servants grew weary of wandering, and left me. Only Berthold stayed on. He was a bit slow witted but he made up for it with his incredible speed. I was with him when I made that fateful trip to the celestial kingdom of the moon.
Ah the kingdom of the moon. The last bit of my world I saw. It was a beautiful place. Probably still is. At any rate, I was there on a diplomatic visit to the king. Negotiations with him were always particularly difficult due to certain; ideas his wife had about me. Ah Chandra; one of the most fantastic beauties I ever, laid hands on.
Well, his wife aside the king and I had some very important trade agreements to discuss. Negotiations were going well and so on the seventh day of my visit the king suggested we take some time for recreation. He said he was feeling fatigued, so he proposed that Chandra take me to see the Celestial Luna country side and some of the capitals more famed attractions.
I should’ve acknowledged his obvious motives for this retreat before he even finished speaking. The bastard was so obvious about it that Berthold saw what he was setting me up for. However he was the king, and one should never openly refuse royalty; and moreover who could resist walking into his trap when he had set it with such alluring bait!
The day was beautiful. As always in the lunar capital the earth was full and shining, and the lunar sands were aglow with their own ambient light. We rode out of the castle and through the city. Fantastic structures surrounded us on all sides; many of which were built by the king himself. An easy task for him considering he was a titan, and in his old age he had taken to building models, so the city was ever expanding. We stopped at a lovely café for a little mid-morning snack, and were on our way to the country.
We weren’t three minutes out of view of the castle when she jumped me; clawing at me like jungle cat in heat. I put up a defiant front. I tried to push her away, but you must understand I could never give too much resistance to a lady. We made love in the coach, the fields, by a stream, on the hills, in a tree, and in an orchard. That’s where he caught us.
There I was mid thrust when I hear this rather disgruntled cough come from above me. I looked up to see a large moon fruit with the smirking face of the king on it. That conniving old fart had known his little wife’s love of the orchard so he had transformed himself into a lump of vegetation and proceeded to wait for us. Low and behold it worked. Fucker.
So in one move the king got himself to of the things he wanted most in the world. A stone solid reason to completely imprison his lovely wife in the tallest spire of his castle; and me in a cage in that zoo he called a dungeon. The worst of it was what he did to her. I had never thought he would’ve come down on her so hard. And I have no idea of what happened to Berthold. Hopefully the king realized he was harmless and sent him home in one piece. But I doubt it.
So there I sat for the better part of three decades; at least as far as I could tell. Then one day it occurred to me that no one had come to prod me in quite some time. About a year give or take; so I figured what’s the harm in seeing if I can’t jar the lock. So I tried, and it worked! Damn thing popped right off. So I lifted these brittle bones off the flooring of that cage and took my triumphant first step out……and fell clear through the illusionary dungeon floor and fell for what I thought was days.
Next thing I know I was waking up on the side of some dirt road with some lunatic priest staring me in the face. And that’s how I came here, to this point, in my so called life!

As far as returning home; I’d love to. But at this point I don’t know where, or when home is. I suppose I shall just have to resolve myself to life here. On this cultureless rock.

Aside from what I told you before, I became an adventurer more or less for duty honestly. Also I do enjoy seeing the grateful smile on the adoring public. Nothing is quite as gratifying as a group of grateful girls. Oh yes, and ladies. Can’t experience all the flavors the world has to offer in that department by sitting in one place now can you? Fame is another good reason. But public service primarily.

Magic is the essence of this world. I may not know much about this time, but I am almost certain that this world is the one I came from. Your kings tread a very dangerous path. By oppressing those who can wield its power, and killing off those civilizations and creatures that are directly tied to it; your leaders tempt to raise the ire of magic itself. Pure ignorance and fascism I tell you! What possible service can genocide provide for a kingdom? Not a one, that’s what. To murder a babe for fear he may someday be a sorcerer; nothing is more despicable and grotesque to me. I am glad I am here in this time. I see now that it was fate that lead, me here; I see now what it is I must do. It is my duty to open the eyes of those who are blind, and protect those who are being persecuted. And more over to end the reign of these savages!

Of all the creatures I have ever seen during my travels none have marveled me quite so much as dragons. The lords of earth, sea, sky, and fire. From the glorious gold to the insidious black, all dragons intrigue me. Even befriended a few in my day. I remember the crystal dragon I met in the diamond mines of the vast Aix CrystXanaran. The brass I met at sea posing as a deck hand Sorn Taloran. Ah, so many times have I been so fortunate as to encounter dragons, but never as fortunate as when I met Horace. Horace was a silver dragon of early years. And by early years I mean he was 300 years old. He was such a gallant that one; loved all things bohemian. But what a combatant. I personal saw him take down a red of nearly twice his years; with a little help from my amazing servants and yours truly. Well anecdotes aside, I’ love to see a dragon or two. Not just for nostalgias sake, but for the fact that dragons are some of the only creatures venerable enough to have some news of what happened all those years ago, and the strength to have survived the genocide to speak of it. And of all the creatures of this world that I have seen there is one that I have never actually laid eyes, but I know with certainty one may still exist. An aboleth, one of the ancient giants. I know they are vile, but the old ones are swimming repositories of secrets. If anything will know of what truly happened here, it would be an aboleth.

I’d like to experience things that remind me of who I was, and make me feel young again. I want to feel the magic in my blood flow, I want to meet someone, anyone, who can practice the art. I want to get to the bottom of what the hell is going on here. I want meet my servants (or their children as it were), and learn about their lives. But most of all I’m tired of being old. But that’s a subject not meant for a public forum.

First and foremost my horse, Buesephilus. Ah Buesepheilus my sweet Buesephilus, fastest horse ever to live. Smart too, as well as strong and brave; I’d love to see him again. I know the chances are, well, none existent, but I still feel as if I could walk into a stable or by a field, and see him stamping his hooves ith the receiving earth, or racing over some sunny hillside, or mounting some lucky nag neath the shade of an oak. Wishful thinking I know, but a man can dream.
Furthermore my sword, my magic saber forged for me by a most grateful Günter Stoneshaper. Dwarven general to the king under the mountain. Now as a rule I only care for dwarves when they drink, but when sober I must admit they make wonderful armaments. Though they are a bit heavy handed; the blade you see was actually supposed to be a rapier, but Günter just couldn’t grasp the concept that a thinner lighter blade would be much better suited for my style of fighting. The blade is light enough however, most likely an affect added by Günter when he realized he fucked up my order, and it is capable of incredible power. Now if I can just remember what they were…
My baronies signet ring; also a magical artifact passed down through my family since the Munchhausen’s came to power in the 6th age. It too is an item of significant strength, but once again I can’t remember what the damn thing was good for!
And my boots, boots. I think.

The war of ages is a ridiculous title. You know what we called conflict like this in my day. WAR! Plain old war! That’s all this is plain old border conflicts. One empire rises to power, falters, declines, and another like a beast with a taste for carrion, pounces on the chance to grab more lands for itself and the vicious cycle continues. The saddest thing is that during this time millions of innocents were killed simply because their powers weren’t allied with a god’s. Now I understand why so many races seemed to have an irrational fear of humans in the past; we’ve brought the world to its knees and are poised to destroy ourselves.
I really don’t know much of the so called republic, or their alleged democracy. Though I am interested to learn more about it and its peoples. Perhaps if their leaders are feeling particularly democratic, I may be able to do some good here for those gifted in the art.
The church of light is a collaboration of all that is wrong in this world. Fascists who use religion as shroud to cover the ugliness of their actions. In my day the church of the light was an engine of good, where all were welcome to come and bask in the morning lord’s glory. Now it is a front for butcher, zealots and quacks! (Brill…) Yet another alteration to get to the bottom of.
I don’t know much of the empire of gill, but what I’ve heard I don’t like. I suppose I should journey there to see for myself.

Xanth

Back to top Go down

Questions for PC's Empty Kaldur MithralMead Background

Post  Nocturnal5five Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Born to Albriech and Kudra, Kaldur MitheralMead lived in the once great dwarvan city Mitheral Hall. Descendants of the great Clan BattleHammer, Clan MithralMead went deeper into the mountain trying to escape the humans. The elders decided to focus on the homestead after so many years at war, all the deaths, it was time to rebuild they believed there were too few clans left. But they never forget about the kin taken, dead or left behind.
Kaldur answered the call of Moradin young almost at birth. His father, a weaponsmith and brewmaster made positive that his son was always at the forge praising Moradin with his hammer, tending the mines, or serving with militia. Kaldur was on a strict schedule but he loved it. He loved his people and his God; Moradin will see them through any trials. Kaldur enjoyed the ancient stories and legends of Clan BattleHammer and the Champions of the Hall. Making the mead that his family was known for, but most of all he loved the forge, making weapons praying to “the all-father” as he sometimes called him, it always seemed to put him closer to Moradin. It was a simple life but one the young dwarf felt fulfilled in doing. This went on for several years. Unfortunately like they did before and have been for 1000 years, the humans attacked.
They came for dwarves to work the mines, build cities, roads, and create weapons. Kaldur and his people tried to hold them off but eventually they were captured with numbers dwindling because of mistreatment in human’s slave camps and cave-ins at their mines, they were always in fear of the humans. Clan knew all to well the cruelty of humans. Kaldur was forced to work the forge and with every strike he prayed that he and his people will be saved. Then after being captured one day while being brought to new mines then there was an attack, the Blood Belt bandits killed many of his people and in the chaos Kaldur’s father hid him away by knocking him out and hiding him behind rocks and trees.
By the time he came to everyone was gone or dead. With tears in his eyes, Kaldur donned his armor and went out in search for the rest of his clan and other dwarves in this unknown territory. He learned quickly that he cannot sense the earth as he did below ground. This made him very disheartened. He walked by a human town to learn the habits and realized humans are not all bad but strange. Most humans mistakened him for a deformed human so knowing that if caught he will die Kaldur decided he must disguise himself as such. He prays for guidance everyday. On one particular day he is surrounded by worgs and is saved by humans.

What kind of monsters do you wish to encounter? anything
What kind of events do you wish to see? dwarven upraising, my cohort
Name 4 magic or important items you wish to see? magic shield, magic forge, griffin, magic armor
Nocturnal5five
Nocturnal5five

Back to top Go down

Post  Evan Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm

Not bad, I was really looking for more of a backstoey after you were on your own but that's ok
Evan
Evan

Back to top Go down

Questions for PC's Empty my new guy nym

Post  ed hughes Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Nym was born and raised in elven grove under the vast desert. His parents taught him some of history of his people and what has happened above. They tell him about the great forest where the desert now stands and who destroyed what was there former homeland. They inform him about the rise of the humans and there hate for magic and all magic creatures. That the humans dim that magic is evil and must destroy it at all costs. So most of the mystic races fled to live to fight another day. Nym learned from the elven elders that drow and other evil creatures poisoned the leaders of the humans to make them start great war against all magic-kind. So nym knew the humans where miss guided and felt no ill will towards them. As the years pass nym starts having very intents dreams about magic. One day night he would dream about closing and opening doors with out touching them. In the morning Nym awoke he tried what he saw in his dream. With the way of his hand, his bedroom door opened. For the weeks to follow more dreams came and more stuff nym could do. So after a while nym went to his parents and showed them the great feats he can do. Amazed what nym can do his parents rushed him to the elders to show them what he can do and how he knew how. The elders told nym that he was casting spells and that he is a ________. That he should be very careful when out of the grove. As time went on he became more powerful and cocky. On his 149 birthday nym parents gave him a gift to help protect him from harm when outside the grove. It was a hat of disguise it will help travel outside the grove with less question to answer. Shortly after that day a few travelers find there way to the grove. The elders with my parents tell me to go with them to the under dark to find and another group that they sent into the dark.

Please give me any feed back, good or bad. Don't worry i have pretty thick skin. hahaha ouch!

ed hughes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down