D&D Sunday Nite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the misconstrued word of Frank

2 posters

Go down

the misconstrued word of Frank Empty the misconstrued word of Frank

Post  Xanth Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:57 pm

okay look. when i made the statement about my not dming i was barely awake. i had spent 48 awake straight spending time with my dying dog and when i was told that we were not playing for two weeks in a text that explained nothing to me; i was a bit upset considering how badly i would have liked to escape reality for the 6 hours i get to tourture you piggys. i thought i cleared this up but i found out this weekend i didn't. unfortunately this situtation was pressented to me at times and places where a heated debate about a fucking game would've been highly inappropriate. yes folks social tact. you heard it here.
to begin with what my gripe was, if we were going to miss the next two weeks what was the point of me returning to dm when i didn't know how much longer past this i COULD dm considering i have rehersals coming up with some times scheduled for sunday. also dave is supposed to take over in sept. this was discussed by dave and myself and quite frankly wasn't an issue at all considering this has been known since june. dave knew his time was approaching and i do believe he was prepping. and as far as my not returning to conclude the first portion of my draconic epic that itself is up in the air. i may be able to run the table a bit longer depeneding on what my schedule looks like. this is not just in realtion to rehersals but also work should i be able to find some. the thing is considering the descision to miss two weeks was already made, entirely with no debate, that i had time to count my eggs. apparently not.
this is a coalition of 1st degree nerdom that assembles on sundays to escape the soul breaking monotinum of mundane existance. we have no clear hiarchy asside from what is played in game, and have always made descisions concerning the actual management of our sunday meetings as a group. i understand that there are those among us with new responisibilties and interest, and i comend those individuals for creating or finding the heart affirming validation that seems to ellude the rest of us;and i understand completely if they require time off. but allow me to make this clear: that is not all of us. there are those in our group who really look forward to this week after week because this is their escape; their bliss if you will. and i think its a bit ludacris for one individual to reserve the right to sign onto this goddamn forum and tell 7 other full grown nerds that there sunday fun is done for a month without discussing the situation in fullness with anyone. sorry if you think otherwise but that is how this was handled; own it or digress.
to wrap this waste of my time up lets talk about actual application. to begin with actual play. as i found out YESTERDAY AT 8 O'CLOCK my rehersals start on 7/9/10 at 7pm. that leaves me the fith to wrap this up or at least get you to an apropriate stopping point for this part of the game. this leaves big daddy dave with two more weeks to plan and daydream and squeeze his ample moobs in glee over the grand power that is to be returned to him. personaly, i think he can pull it off. espeacialy considering we discussed this possibility long before this mess landed in my soup. if this is doable for yooz great; if its not well then you don't have to play. thats the beauty of it! noone is forceing you to do this! isn't that grand! also if evan wants the month and we need a place to play granny's is in. and don't worry my dog's fucking dead, so those of you who don't like animals have only the squirells in my yard to contend with. and if they're to much you have a big gaping vag. as always the rules are no smoking in da house and mind your language you bunch of cum fillied shit cunts! oh and to answer anyquestion about dinner,(this applies to previous post), BRING YOUR OWN. this way this inane martha stewart bitch fest can be concluded. if you want to bring goodies for the group great! your a saint. but don't expect anyone to hand you money. this way we can eliminate any possibility for resentment of and from those who don't have the means to contribute. nice and simple. this is not to rule out the possibilty of future d&d dinners, but to remove another weekly expenditure for all involved. capice.
in sumnation i am going to say this: when the fuck did this all get so complicated. when we started this thing its was just a bunch of dudes who wanted to get together to play a game. a great game; but a game nonetheless. it seems to me that this whole thing has kind of snowballed throughtout the years and has finaly become a gnarled curmudgeon that know one wants to touch. hence walking away. truth be told we don't need to do that as a group. what we need to do is render this fatted calf down to its basic elements. dudes, dice, and game. we don't need a five course meal, or dozens of new books and minis, or peruvian coffee. they're nice but unnessasary. and one thing we most certainly do not need is a centralized descion making process and a lordly chairman. so if there are those among you who want to leave or as in my case may have to; than fine do it. but make that descion for yourself and not the 7 other people involved.

Xanth

Back to top Go down

the misconstrued word of Frank Empty ok

Post  Nocturnal5five Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:11 pm

OK so that means we're still playing awesome
Nocturnal5five
Nocturnal5five

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum