D&D Sunday Nite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4/18/2010 Session...Our very first foray into the under dark...spooky scary!

Go down

4/18/2010 Session...Our very first foray into the under dark...spooky scary! Empty 4/18/2010 Session...Our very first foray into the under dark...spooky scary!

Post  Matt Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:16 pm

4/18/2010 Session, D.I.G. 3/13/1004, Location; Under-Desert Elven Grove
1. The party is asked to attend an audience with the Elven Elders. In attendance are the 3 elders, the party and a 4th elf, General Terzax is clad in mythril chain armor. TBM asks about the cave with the underground lake and is told that it is the under dark. Drow may still exist, there are many wandering monster and that the elves stopped investigating the under dark over 100 years ago. From their recollection the lake is in the middle, to the SE is the monster lair, the West holds what was a Minotaur camp and in the North many Kuo-Toa can be found. The lake is vast, about 20 acres or so, and it holds many evil and vile monsters.
2. The elders bestowed gifts upon the party as follows:
a. Art = Oath bow
b. Ash = amulet of natural armor +2
c. DA = for Mountain-Lion-o; bracers of cone of fire & a collar of resist elements
d. Kal = steel shield +1, adamantine 3/ dr
e. Oz = amulet of charisma +2
f. Ph = ring of non-detection
g. TBM = amulet of charisma +2 which was his to begin with being it is his family crest
All spell casters are given a bracelet of wood, from the great tree in the center of the grove; it allows the usage of magic outside of the grove while in the desert.
3. The party travels with a guide to the mouth of the cave. It is about 2 hours from the mouth of the cave to the “starting point” of the under dark. The under dark travels are as follows:
a. With Ash scouting ahead the party soon run into an Umber Hulk, Ash scores a double critical hit, victory!
b. Venturing on for about 5 minutes the party encounters a Glitter Fire that Art attacks. Ask & Kal are both blinded during the encounter. Victory!
c. With 2 blind members and no apparent way to cure them the party retreats from the under dark.
4. The party leaves the under dark for the sands of the desert, only to get lost along the way. They camp during the night and manage to make it back to the elves grove. D.I.G. 3/14/1004.
5. The elves graciously agree to cure Ash & Kal of their blindness.
6. Ph asks for a spell named Continual Light to be cast. He is directed to the same cleric as Ash & Kal are to see, Dorgon the Wonderful Healer.
7. DA tries to find someone to teach him a better way to navigate the desert & is denied.
8. The party is asked to see the elder again where they discuss the events in the under dark. The elders tell the party that ECP has taken a turn for the worse that is beyond their healing, at least with the medicines they have available. The party needs to find a white shell fish that is only found on or near the shore of the under dark lake. Without the ingredient ECP will surely die. They party is given 2 potions of remove blindness & 30 rations.
9. D.I.G. 3/151004, the party is guided back to the cave and the under dark. Where inside they;
a. While leading the way Kal spots the first 2 minotaurs, both immediately yell something in a language none of the party can speak and charge Kal! Fun ensues, VICTORY!
b. Kal soon spots 5 more minotaurs, and the party posts a hasty yet quiet retreat only to wander into a Cave Troll!
c. After Kal, Oz & Ash almost fall in battle the troll is defeated via Art’s Oath Bow!
d. Eventually the party wanders to the lake where in the distance (about 400’) elevated lights are seen.
e. DA wild shape changes into a crab then he jumps into the water. There he looks for and finds the white shell fish required for the healing ECP. He then changes back into a human and collects the white shell fish. On the way back to the others the shadow of a large creature is seen by DA.
f. A 6 story building is seen out over the water as the party follows Kals lead by hugging the outer wall and walking without a source of light.
This is all that I can remember of our journeys dear friends. It seems I have come down with a bout of amnesia. So if any of you fine fellows can tell me more, I would welcome the tales of the night!

Matt

Back to top Go down